Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets

phoenix - Star Phoenix VI Empty Star Phoenix VI

Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:57 pm
phoenix - Star Phoenix VI 73a42b1b-bb8a-4aef-a2d8-8752bd4cfbba?xml=1&showmedia=1&width=800&height=524
phoenix - Star Phoenix VI 0582a231-552a-46ca-951c-d6e7bb5bc45a?xml=1&showmedia=1&width=800&height=524

Download LDD file here. (LEGO Gallery)

The Star Phoenix VI is the sixth installment in the lineup of 'Phoenix Star Fighters, designed and produced jointly between Alpha Centauri Fleet Yards and United Star Fighters Incorporated, in service with Star Force, Star Fleet, and the United Federation of Planets.

The original Star Phoenix was a medium-sized, heavily armed and armored fighter.  With an assortment of powerful missiles and weapons, the Star Phoenix could put plenty of bite into its attack.  With two powerful engines, she was fast and agile as an aerospace craft, both in space and in the sky.

In December of 2509, engineers from Talmidian Starship Industries built a knock-off refit of the 'Phoenix, called the SF-18, only to give the upgraded design back to United Star Fighters Incorporated for continued use.  The Star Phoenix II doubled the weapons of the original 'Phoenix, and saw military action during the Second Jandar War and the Yor War.

The third incarnation, the Star Phoenix III, brought with it even stronger weapons and some design improvements - but like the Star Falcon III, the 'Phoenix III became a big whale of a plane, like a smaller Star Falcon.

After the wars, the post-war era Star Phoenix IV was much smaller and lighter than the preceding version.  The 'Phoenix IV rectified the blur that had formed between the Falcon and Phoenix models.  Now they were separate again.

The outgoing model, the Star Phoenix V, continues the downsizing trend followed by most modern era fighters of mine.  However, the 'Phoenix V came packed with bigger wings and stronger engines, increasing speed and maneuverability.

Now, for the new model: Prepare for the Star Phoenix VI!

The sixth and latest member to join the family, the Star Phoenix VI is even smaller than the outgoing model.  She's shorter both in length and height.  While the cockpit is smaller, unfortunately for the pilot, it remains roomy enough to accommodate some cargo and provisions behind the seat.  The new 'Phoenix also comes armed with better weapons than its predecessor, and improved engines.  The shape has also been changed, and except for the very front end, the engine pylons, and the tail fins, the new Star Phoenix VI is all new.

One unfortunate aspect of the 'Phoenix VI is the lack of a rear window.

The Star Phoenix has always provided a fast, agile, durable fighter package, much like the Star Falcon, but in a smaller, lighter body.  The new 'Phoenix VI is no exception.  In my opinion she maintains the spirit of the original Phoenix.

Together, the Star Falcon and the Star Phoenix lineups represent the backbone of Star Force's aerospace fighter division.

phoenix - Star Phoenix VI 291deeab-4842-4bdd-b99f-2b9604c4edb3?xml=1&showmedia=1&width=800&height=536

phoenix - Star Phoenix VI 3a0b8740-266b-46ea-9afe-0c0d5dd20da6?xml=1&showmedia=1&width=800&height=524
With Star Falcon V Mk2.

phoenix - Star Phoenix VI KODEueL
With previous two incarnations.
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Khent-sa

phoenix - Star Phoenix VI Empty Re: Star Phoenix VI

Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:20 pm
I don't believe I've commented on any of your starfighters before, so this will be a first. Razz

Unusually for me, I actually downloaded the .lxf- and I must say, I like what I see. Razz The underside SNOT techniques are pretty good, and I like the profile the weapons cut; good job there. For a mini-fighter, this is really good. My one complaint would probably be that the engines seem a bit simplistic- but engines are hard to do, so that's fairly minor. Razz
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:52 pm
Talmid, this is truly a work of art. It is so graceful, so smooth, the design simply flows! WELL done! You have become VERY, VERY good at fighters! 

Everything about this just FEELS right.

Well done! Very Happy
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : ICS

Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:00 pm
Very beautiful fighter. Very Happy I love the combo of SNOT and plates and it works very well together. The shape of the fighter itself is also really good, and like Dino, said, it looks so graceful. Overall, great fighter, and definitely a very iconic one. Smile
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)

Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:35 pm
Thanks guys. Smile

As usual for me when I reincarnate a new version of an old version of a fighter, I start with the old one and start changing it from there.  Unusually for me, this involved making the fighter smaller and not making it bigger and adding more weapons.  I could upload a picture to show the upgrade trend but it might make your collective eyes hurt.  You can sort of see on the 'Phoenix IV in the last picture how many weapons I had on it at one time... actually I posted the 'Phoenix IV to this forum once, and that's not the "worst" one.  The worst one would be the III.  I went overboard with both the 'Falcon and 'Phoenix IIIs.

So here's the first three Phoenix models.

Star Phoenix I, II, and III:

Last edited by Talmid on Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)

Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:30 pm
Well, I decided to modify the Phoenix as well. I did a little inner-fuselage redesigning to accommodate better SNOT on the underside, redesigned the bomb bay at the back for double the previous capacity, and did some additional body work.

phoenix - Star Phoenix VI P5Hkrq8
phoenix - Star Phoenix VI ThUcgon

With Star Falcon V Mark 3:
phoenix - Star Phoenix VI Dq7YzlS

I also made a retrofit Star Phoenix 1, for fun.
phoenix - Star Phoenix VI WDFpQ1y
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:59 pm
Looking good! I love the SNOT undersides you do on your fighters, and it's nice to see the retrofit.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum