Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Johnnyred
Johnnyred
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Human
https://phoenixcommandgroup.rpg-board.net

battleship - Maverick Class Battleship Empty Maverick Class Battleship

Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:34 am
~ Start Entry ~

Realizing the the Space Agency was in need of a larger presence in space, Johnnyred teamed up with the Agencies best designers and engineers to develop of the Maverick Class battleship.

Equipped with three heavy light-warp drives and dual impulse engines, the Maverick is fast and heavily armed and has a decent bit of hanger space thanks to its hangers located both on the upper deck and the underbelly of the ship.

For this new battleship, Johnnyred developed a new addition to the Wave Motion tech family.  The regenerative Wave Motion Missile.  eight missiles with a tiny percentage of the power a Wave Motion Gun sit in waiting racks, when one is fired, the next one moves over into the empty slot and an empty missile casing slides into the slot closest to the hull, and sits there taking in energy in the fashion that all WMT weapons do.  Typically a total of 32 Wave Motion Missile Shells are kept on board at any given time.  There are grates on the upper and lower forward hulls of the ship to act as intake vents for the WMMs.

Also introduced on this ship are the Tachyon Cannons, instead of relying upon the ship's energy for firing like a Shock Cannon does, the Tachyon Cannons utilize vents to take in tachyon particles and release them in concentrated beams at a high velocity, dealing heavy damage to enemy vessels.  While these are very accurate weapons, they are better used at close range due to the power fade as the beam's distance increases.

- Specifications -

Length: 830 meters
Beam: 330
Height: 210 Meters
Crew: 2000
Star Justice Detachment: 200
Pilot Detachment: 75  (This is split up amongst the dropships, fighters, and Light-Ships)
Fighters: F-114B Phoenix, F-101 Daggers, F-5 Buzzhawks
Light-ship contingent: LL-923 Galaxy Explorers x6,  LL-929 Galaxy Protectors x2, LL-924 Transports x4, LL-6929 Starfleet Voyagers x2
Armor: 7 Feet of High Density Tenatium
Engine: Light Warp Drive
Average Cruising Speed: Warp 9
Maximum Cruising Speed: Warp 9.9
Weapons: Heavy Tachyon Cannons x6, Medium Shock Cannons x2, Regenerative Wave Motion Missile Launcher x8, Shock Torpedo Launchers x6

- Images -

battleship - Maverick Class Battleship Tiger_10

battleship - Maverick Class Battleship Tiger_10

battleship - Maverick Class Battleship Tiger_11

battleship - Maverick Class Battleship Tiger_11

battleship - Maverick Class Battleship Tiger_12

battleship - Maverick Class Battleship Tiger_13

- .Lxf -

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jdipf329kmow7xi/Maverick%20Class%20Mk.%20I.lxf?dl=0

~ End Entry ~

Last edited by Johnnyred on Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:51 am; edited 1 time in total
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : ICS

battleship - Maverick Class Battleship Empty Re: Maverick Class Battleship

Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:39 am
Nice ship. I like the Bismarck/Iowa/Yamato feel it has. I literally thought that those were my missiles pods when I first saw this lol. They looked exactly like mine until I realized that the missiles were smaller and more numerous. Razz Also, I must say the idea of invisible torpedo launchers still bothers me. Razz Anyway, great design overall, and the bridge looks excellent. Wink
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:31 pm
Niiiiice. As Mirage said, it's got some of that classic Space Battleship Yamato feel, but I have to add to that comment that it was also clearly influenced by Classic Space, just as you intended, WELL done!
Johnnyred
Johnnyred
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Human
https://phoenixcommandgroup.rpg-board.net

Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:11 pm
@ PXR - Glad you like it! As far as the torpedoes go... A torpedo is like 2 meters at max. That's not even enough to round up to 10 meters to make a full stud. Ergo they aren't visible on my ships. a 10 meter WIDE torpedo is kinda excessive.

@ Dino - Danke! And while yes, I was going for a bit of a Space Battleship Yamato feel, and obviously my main source of inspiration was Classic Space, I was basing it more off of this ship from Wing Commander.

battleship - Maverick Class Battleship Gettysburg-ChevieBlaster
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:25 pm
Ah yes, I can see that. Very nice! And yet still unique. Well done.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum