Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : ICS

Cruiser - Scorpio Class Heavy Cruiser Empty Scorpio Class Heavy Cruiser

Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:28 am
Cruiser - Scorpio Class Heavy Cruiser Scorpi10

LXF: http://www.us.lego.com/en-us/gallery/2c1b336e-01cd-40d4-9c87-d196df53f6a9?index=1&categoryId=64929898-C52F-49D8-B106-C0C36314093C

The Scorpio Class Heavy Cruiser is a heavily armed and armored warship in the PXE Navy, renowned for its versatility. The Scorpio has a balance between firepower, armor, shielding, fighter complement, and speed. Though it may not be as heavily armed as a battleship, it makes up with the speed of a destroyer, giving it excellent flexibility during combat.

The primary weapon that gives the Scorpio its firepower is the TMC-5, which fires ASM-1s, capable of delivering large amounts of firepower for sustained periods of time. The TMC-5's fire rate allows it to lay a suppressive blanket of rockets over enemy forces, allowing allied vessels to take advantage of the confusion. ASM-1s are rifled out of the TMC-5, and are capable of tearing through several layers of armor before detonating. The ASM-1 can cause extremely heavy damage alone, and has been known to rip huge holes in the hulls of enemy ships by itself. With a moderate fire rate, the eight TMC-5's mounted on the Scorpio can quickly rip apart enemy vessels.

Scorpio Class Heavy Cruisers are quite versatile in that they are capable of holding their own against fighters and enemy capital ships alike. The TMC-1's and large fighter complement can prevent enemy fighters from causing significant damage to the Scorpio. On the other hand, the massive amount of TMC-2's and 3's paired with the sheer amount of broadside armaments can seriously damage enemy ships. In addition, the Scorpio is armed with TMC-5's which can cause extremely heavy damage, even to shields, to a limited extent. A prototype SG-1 hyperthermal grid is installed on the Scorpio, combined with an ASG-2 and large amounts of absorbic armor, making the Scorpio significantly stronger.

The Scorpio is armed with TMC-1's for anti-aircraft defense. For ship-to-ship combat, it relies on the large amounts of TMC-2's spread throughout the hull, the TMC-3's located on the dorsal and ventral sides of the ship, and the SSC-1's and 2's which can cause severe damage at broadside. All of these, combined together with the TMC-5's are capable of destroying an enemy vessel rather quickly. A group of Scorpio Class Heavy Cruisers is never a good sign, especially when combined in large fleets with battleships.

Cruiser - Scorpio Class Heavy Cruiser Scorpi10
starboard view showing SSC-2's and greebling

Cruiser - Scorpio Class Heavy Cruiser Scorpi11
SSC-1's and greebling

Cruiser - Scorpio Class Heavy Cruiser Scorpi12
TMC-3's

Cruiser - Scorpio Class Heavy Cruiser Scorpi13
TMC-5

The Scorpio is equipped with moderate amounts of absorbic armor. More importantly however is the presence of the SG-1 prototype hyperthermal shielding grid and the ASG-2. This allows the Scorpio to maximize its damage and increase survivability. For this same reason, the Scorpio is legendary for its endurance and adaptability in the middle of combat.

Though the Scorpio may look slow and unmaneuverable, it actually has a relatively high sublight speed, despite its size. With a massive SLPT-4 in the stern section and four SLPT-2's, the Scorpio can quickly engage multiple ships at a time while avoiding enemy fire and preserving its shields. A Mk. 4 warp drive is equipped onboard the Scorpio, rendering its warp factor quite slow.

Cruiser - Scorpio Class Heavy Cruiser Scorpi14
SLPT-2

Cruiser - Scorpio Class Heavy Cruiser Scorpi15
Full stern view showing all 4 SLPT-2's and SLPT-4

The massive hangar bay located near the stern is the primary fighter bay, used to house and maintain the majority of the Scorpio's fighter units. However, several other fighter bays are located scattered around the vessel. The Scorpio is capable of carrying sixteen squadrons of fighters: twelve squadrons of Phoenix Class Fighters, two squadrons of Swallow Class Light Fighters, and two squadrons of Finch Class Gunships.

Cruiser - Scorpio Class Heavy Cruiser Scorpi16
Hangar launch bay

Cruiser - Scorpio Class Heavy Cruiser Scorpi19
Hangar

Cruiser - Scorpio Class Heavy Cruiser Scorpi17
Extenal view of primary hangar bay

Cruiser - Scorpio Class Heavy Cruiser Scorpi18
Internal view of primary hangar bay

Manufacturer: PXE
Affiliation: PXE Navy

Model: Scorpio Class Heavy Cruiser
Class: Scorpio (named after the constellation Scorpio)

Roles: heavy cruiser, light carrier, support cruiser, heavy combat warship, light battleship

Armaments*:
x32 TMC-1's
x56 TMC-2's
x26 TMC-3's
x12 SSC-1's
x10 SSC-2's
x8 TMC-5's

Defenses:
23.7 - 28.4 cm absorbic armor
ASG-2
HTSG-1 Mk. 1 (prototype)

Warp Propulsion: Mk. 4 drive
Warp Capabilities: WF 8.9...

Sublight Propulsion:
x4 SLPT-2's
x1 SLPT-4

Powerplant:
x3 MCEG-1's

Fighter Complement:
16 squadrons:
x12 squadrons Phoenix Class Fighters
x2 squadrons Swallow Class Light Fighters
x2 squadrons Finch Class Gunships

Communications:
FIS-XXX**
CIS-1
CIS-2
CIS-3
CCIS

Intelligent Systems:
SANDAS

Cost: approx. 55.6 million SPXC

*Explanation for all weapon systems in the PXE can be found here: https://phoenixcommandgroup.rpg-board.net/t451-ship-and-land-based-armaments-database

**indicates numerical fleet designation

Last edited by PXR on Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:39 am; edited 3 times in total
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets

Cruiser - Scorpio Class Heavy Cruiser Empty Re: Scorpio Class Heavy Cruiser

Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:11 pm
Mirage, your ship is incredibly detailed, as always!  Shocked  The greebling actually makes it look bigger than it already is, which is already really big, I think, looking at the pictures.
Johnnyred
Johnnyred
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Human
https://phoenixcommandgroup.rpg-board.net

Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:25 pm
Nice! Amazing as always! The only thing is it looks a little too long, the rest of it seems out of proportion compared to the rear of the ship.
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Khent-sa

Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:43 pm
From a visual standpoint, the ship is very impressive indeed; it just looks like the sort of thing that would blow you to smithereens 'cause it felt like it. I really like it's battleship-esque look.

That being said, the ship's stats is almost a step back for you; you went so long with an OP ship, and now this! Razz OK, my main problem is that you claim this is a heavy cruiser, but can go toe-to-toe with a supercruiser. The whole point of a supercruiser is to be far and away more powerful than everything else, so a heavy cruiser being a legitimate danger to one means they're effectively obsolete.

Other than my little balance OCD issues, the ship is great! Razz
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:36 pm
The detail here is AMAZING! But I think I have detected a "problem," so called, in your work. It is TOO detailed! Razz Seriously though, your ships have SO much greebling that my eye doesn't know where to be drawn to. Might I suggest some chunks of hull armor mixed with your AMAZING detail work? Because I LOVE your detail style, it's just really hard to study your ships because EVERY SQUARE INCH IS SO UBER DETAILED. Razz I don't mean that as an insult at all. VERY few builders have the problem of actually doing TOO good a job on the detail work, so please take it as a compliment to your attention to the fine points.

Anyways, that's one NIIICE ship! I really like your navy style. Although I must agree with Mightyman that a couple of heavy cruisers winning against a supercruiser (which is several tiers above them, exploration/assault/star cruiser are all bigger in the Federation style, battlecruiser, battleship, heavy battleship/supercruiser) is... pushing it for the OP factor.

But immense power and detail aside, this is one aesthetically pleasing ship! Very Happy I love your engine style!
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : ICS

Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:08 pm
@Talmid: Lol, thanks!

@J-red: Thank you! I see what you mean though, now that I look at it... Razz

@Dino & Mightyman: Sorry about that guys. I see exactly what you mean. Wink Changed it! Smile

@Mightyman: Thank you!

@Dino: Lol! Well, the top and bottom sides of my ships are usually some guns mixed with flat armor. Razz But thank you very much lol! Glad you like the engines! Very Happy
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum