Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down

battleship - Courage-class Battleship Empty Courage-class Battleship

Sat May 25, 2013 7:35 pm
Hail, ye! This is the new Courage-class Heavy Cruiser from Yettreu Hyperworks, the intrepid creators of the Javelin and the MASS system. The Courage-class is an experiment with the wonders of magnetic acceleration technology.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

SPECS:

Armament:
13x MAC-6 Heavy Magnetic Acceleration Cannons (5 bow, 3 port, 3 starboard, 2 aft)
3x Turreted MAC-6 Heavy Magnetic Acceleration Cannons
25x Turreted MAC-2 QuickSwivel Light Rapid-Fire Magnetic Acceleration Cannons
8x FC-2 Anti-Starfighter/Missile Flak Batteries

Speed:
Class 2 Hyperdrive
60 MGLT
3 MGLT/s Acceleration

Crew:
6,500 Crewmembers

Defenses:
800 RU Hull (4-foot A-14 Durasteel-Cortosis Alloy)
1900 SBD Shields (S-3 Medium Double-Layered Dual Particle/Ray Shield Generator
Laser Point-Defense Array

Here's the .LXF.

Enjoy!
Kojan
Kojan
High Admiral (CIR)
High Admiral (CIR)
Faction : Caldera Imperial Republic

Character sheet
Faction:
Species: Human
https://phoenixcommandgroup.rpg-board.net/

battleship - Courage-class Battleship Empty Re: Courage-class Battleship

Sat May 25, 2013 7:56 pm
Okay, I have to say I really enjoy this ship. Razz

It looks rugged, used, and tough. The blast shields on each side of the bridge-like portion of the ship are really interesting, and the gun barrels poking through it give it a very 16th century navy vessel feel. The bottom seems a bit flat, but other than that, this is a really good piece! Very Happy

Sun May 26, 2013 1:24 pm
Thanks! Yeah, ever since I saw the painting of Admiral Hirken defending the Western Dependencies during the Sixth (?) Alsakan Conflict in the SW Essential Guide to Warfare, I've loved the idea of the giant external armor plates. And I like how part of the ship looks 16th century navy, but other parts of it look more like WWII battleships. Yeah, this is probably one of my favorite of my ships. Razz
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Faction : MSI
http://starwarplay.forumotion.com/

Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:47 pm
Lots of ballistics. Not a bad idea, though some of the regular stuff wouldn't be bad to have. As mentioned, I like how it has that whole real-world look.

I commented on this in the LUCL, if you wouldn't mind checking that out...

Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:51 pm
Yeah, I like mass-drivers. Razz They look great, and they're really effective. I've always thought that turbolasers were a little cheesy, especially since we have to use the 1977 special effects. Razz

I think that the anti-starfighter versions would work. After all, there are examples in SW canon of starfighters getting hit by turbolasers, and relatively heavy ones, too. If those can hit--and they really don't go all that fast--than I'm pretty sure a MAC round can.
Lord Admiral Ariklego
Lord Admiral Ariklego
Lord Admiral (MSI)
Lord Admiral (MSI)
Faction : Minotaur Space Imperium; Greylark Provincial Navy
Location : New Carradock, Imperial Core Territories, MSI Space

Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:58 pm
Whoa. Those big-barreled guns look like they could put some really serious dents in an enemy ship.

Looks nice, MAD! I'm not sure about the horn pieces, as they make it look a little... odd, maybe a little like some primitive alien race that somehow has mastered to space travel to an extremely basic degree and uses the bones of gargantuan animals to decorate their ships, or... uh, yeah. :PBeyond that, I think I really like it.

By the way, as I said to ARC, feel free to hop in the chatbox. It'd be nice to get this place's users a bit more active and involved in the PCG forum.

Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:23 pm
Arik: Thanks! Umm... Well, let's see. Maybe they're shield projectors or sensor masts. Or maybe I just like giant horns on my ships. Razz
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Faction : MSI
http://starwarplay.forumotion.com/

Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:03 pm
Well, those are energy entities, moving at very fast speeds. MAC rounds would be easier to dodge, and while tearing through a fighter will do catastophic damage, it won't have the same energy transfer to blow up the fighter. I'm not saying it's a bad idea, just...somewhat impractical, I guess.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum