Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Kojan
Kojan
High Admiral (CIR)
High Admiral (CIR)
Faction : Caldera Imperial Republic

Character sheet
Faction:
Species: Human
https://phoenixcommandgroup.rpg-board.net/

Cruiser - (Cruiser) Conveyance Class Transport Ship Empty (Cruiser) Conveyance Class Transport Ship

Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:08 pm
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/7ayu57vfa06n2r2/Conveyance_Class_Transport_Ship.lxf

The Conveyance Class Transport ship is a massive personnel carrier ship with one of the highest passenger carrying capacities of any ship in the Imperial Navy, cramming 25,000 soldiers and support staff into the vessel. The Conveyance sacrifices arms and armor for this carrying capacity threshold, and has a scant crew of 150, which is extremely minimal for a ship it's size (the Marauder is only 120m longer, and has a crew of almost 8800). This means that Conveyance must travel only to sectors that have been cleared or mostly cleared by Navy warships. Once in-system, the vessel can descend through the atmosphere land on the planet surface. Lowering its 40 massive loading/unloading ramps, the Conveyance can discharge its cargo in as a little as 30 minutes.

Crew: 150

Length: 520m

Weapons:
None

Sensors:
RSSA-14 Sensor System

Communications:
GalComm SCS-15 Ship-Board Communication System

Shields:
Plasma Shielding

Shield Generators:
2x FVS Mk. II Medium Shield Generator

Armor:
0.45-1.35m thick Titanium-Yakaium Grade A Armor Plating

Powerplant:
20x Fusion Reactors

Phase Drives:
18x RSE-Mk. II Sub-Light Drive
1x EDE-Mk IV Phase Drive

Warning: Mega-big pics. Razz
Spoiler:

Last edited by Kojan Altis Riktan on Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets

Cruiser - (Cruiser) Conveyance Class Transport Ship Empty Re: (Cruiser) Conveyance Class Transport Ship

Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:15 pm
How could I have forgotten the distinctive shape of the Yaka Empire's starships? :O That's awesome, even though it is "merely" a transport ship. Razz
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Cruiser - (Cruiser) Conveyance Class Transport Ship Empty Re: (Cruiser) Conveyance Class Transport Ship

Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:28 pm
Cruiser - (Cruiser) Conveyance Class Transport Ship 547843959 Noice.... That is one cool ship, and the pics are amazing! It's SO detailed! So many awesome mechanical looking thing-a-ma-jigs! Razz AKA, GREAT work! I would suggest adding some anti fighter/bomber automated weapons, and perhaps some light anti cap ship canons to defend against pirates, ambushes, and stragglers of defeated navies. Anyways, that is one seriously nice ship.... great work Kojan! it's good to see more from Yaka! Very Happy
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : De-Factioned

Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:35 pm
I hate you so much.

I have nothing else to add, no smiles to show I'm joking or explanations to show I'm not, I'll just leave it at that...
I'm still making up my mind whether I do actually hate you for building that good or not. Razz

But why not make it just a tad bigger and add some serious firepower? Unarmed (or underarmed) ships are always the worst kind. Razz
Lord General Spud
Lord General Spud
Lord General (MSI)
Lord General (MSI)
Faction : Minotaur Space Imperium

Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:33 pm
Oh, wow! This is great! I love the 8-block configuration. Amazing work! Very Happy
Kojan
Kojan
High Admiral (CIR)
High Admiral (CIR)

Character sheet
Faction:

Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:27 pm
Thanks for all of the compliments, guys! Very Happy

It was originally meant to be a capital ship and carry twice the troops, but after I had the base layer down, I decided that the size was fine and I made it a cruiser. Additionally, I would have added guns to it (there's plenty of space for them), but I didn't want to make the vessel over-powered. It can already carry 25,000 infantry as it is. Razz

I might make a larger one that is capital ship size. Very Happy
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:11 am
25,000 infantry who are next to useless in space combat. (I doubt the enemy will get close enough for a boarding maunver.) I would add just a few plasma turrets (probably one or two MK IIs) and then AA guns stationed all around, and then maybe a few missiles, just a few.
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:54 am
Remember, even a corvette, or a snub fighter, or a dude with space suit and a pistol for that matter, has more fire power than this ship, it wouldn't be overpowering to strap a few light weapons onto her. Smile
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:28 pm
Well not a guy in a space suit, cuase the 25,000 probably ahve atleast some space suits, and rocket launchers. Razz
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:16 pm
Unless they are Federation, in which case the have 3 type I phasers between them Razz
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:24 pm
And they're all red-shirts, so they'll probably all die just trying to put their spacesuit on. Razz
Kojan
Kojan
High Admiral (CIR)
High Admiral (CIR)

Character sheet
Faction:

Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:49 pm
I highly doubt a Federation trooper, floating in space, could blast his way through the hull armor using only his handheld phaser. Razz
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:58 pm
I know, we weren't arguing that. Razz We were talking about the firepower the ship carried itself, in which point I was arguing that the 25,000 made alot more firepower than a single federation trooper with a phaser, though still rather ineffective. Razz
Kojan
Kojan
High Admiral (CIR)
High Admiral (CIR)

Character sheet
Faction:

Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:51 pm
Yes, I know that. I was just making a joke. Razz

It would be pretty funny to see a single guy in a spacesuit shooting his way through meters of hull plating, though. Razz
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:56 pm
Day 14: Finally made it past the outer armor layer

Day 25: Primary Hull breached, trying to not get electrocuted

Day 80: Phaser batteries dead, I'm stuck on the inner armor layer.

XD
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:16 pm
^^^ Day 81: should've used Energizer Bunny batteries.
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:09 pm
Energizer Bunny, still better than ST power sources. Razz
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum